I have a question about eternal security in book of revelation. I've read
this link http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/rev14v12.htm.
I wonder if an unbeliever decide to not take the mark at first because he believe the gospel. Will the antichrist know that this person believes in god and then search for kill him/her. I've heard angels can read humans mind (this implies that the antichrist certainly know which who believe the gospel) speaking after rapture, the ones that believes the angels warnings and the gospel.
The only thing I can think of is when it comes to eternal security in tribulation is when the antichrist know which one who are believers.
Let's say a shortsighted believer who is so weak that he/she is willing to
take the mark only to not starve or feel "more secure"
but the antichrist know that they believe in Jesus Christ and therefore
persecute them instead of allowing them to take the mark.
I know this may sound a bit wrong but is this true: Will the antichrist only give people one chance to recieve the mark, and if they believe the gospel once then the antichrist will torture the believers instead of allowing them to take the mark?
I mean how shall I link Romans 4:5 together with the believers in tribulation situation? This is a question that makes me doubt, it's probably a lack of understanding. Please explain it to me. How is God going to prevent shortsighted believers to resist the mark? Is it by chasting perhaps?
There are obviously things we know and some we don't concerning this time. But the key point (and something worth bearing in mind concerning your thoughts above) is that it is going to be VERY CLEAR what taking the mark means. It won't be taken by any believers 'accidently'. The tribulation is going to be a very radical time. The signs and wonders on both the side (from both God and Satan) are going to be extreme. You have probably read in Revelation that there are angels flying in the heavens clearly telling the inhabitants of earth about the true gospel and what taking the mark means:
(6) And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;
(7) and he said with a loud voice, "Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters."
(8) And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, "Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her immorality."
(9) Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
(10) he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
(11) "And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name."
So no one on earth is going to be in any doubt concerning the consequences of taking the mark. No one will be taking the mark accidently not knowing what it means. The pressure to take the mark will be so great that only those that believe in God will decide to not take it. Those who do not believe will take it. It will be clear cut. And yes, the Antichrist will have such control over the world that persecution and death will result from not taking it. But any who take it will experience the wrath of God as the verses above indicate.
I don't think that Satan (or the antichrist) can read peoples thoughts. http://www.gotquestions.org/Satan-power.html Satan would have information about those that are believers as he can watch them (or assign other fallen angels to do so) - but I don't know of any scriptures that state he can read their thoughts. The antichrist and his followers will be applying all the pressure they can to get people to take the mark because it will be more than just a means of buying and selling - it will be assigning yourself to the authority and rule of the Antichrist. It will be choosing Him over the true God. It will be the dividing line where people can no more sit on the fence. It is the event that will separate the wheat from the chaff if you like.
So as I said, no believer will take the mark and no unbeliever will not take it. There will be many that were not previously believers who will decide to choose and follow God during the tribulation - but to do so will likely mean the loss of their life through martyrdom.
Hope this helps, bottom line is that God will make it abundantly clear of the consequences of taking the mark before anyone does so. No one will be able to say 'I didn't know what it meant!'
All the best