Question / Comment - Are we truly living in the last days? How close are we?
- The placement of this prophecy (chapters 38 & 39) come straight after the prophecies of the the Jews being regathered back into their land (Ezek 36:24,28, Ezek 37:21-22) where the land will produce in abundance once again (Ezek 36:30). That has already happened with the once barren dessert of Israel now becoming the green fertile abundant producer we see today.
- It also says the people of Israel will think that all hope is gone and that they will perish (Ezek 37:11 - ie the holocaust) but because of God's intervention, they will become an exceedingly great army (Ezek 37:10). That again has all happened. From starting with nothing, not even enough to defend themselves, Israel has fought and won several wars when attacked by their Arab neighbors and now boasts once of the finest, most powerful armies in the world. All of this has come to pass.
- So now look at Ezek 38 & 39. The Bible specifically says this prophecy occurs in the 'latter years' or the last days in language we more typically use today. (Ezek 38:8)
- It comes at a time when Israel is dwelling safely and securely. (Ezek 38:11). Israel is there today and it is only increasing with the current Abraham Accords peace agreements which more nations are currently looking at joining.
- The reason for the war is for the spoils of war - Again, we currently see that Israel has discovered two massive gas fields in 'Leviathan' and 'Tamar' and are exporting gas to neighboring countries as well as building a pipeline to export gas to Europe. This will have massive implications for Russia and their gas exports to Europe! (For example see https://www.zenger.news/2020/08/11/israel-set-to-send-natural-gas-to-europe)
- So who does Ezekiel 38 say will come against Israel in the last days? The main players are Russia, Turkey & Iran joined with other nations from the south such as Libya and Sudan. Russia, Turkey and Iran are ALL in Syria and the Middle East today and often work together. Iran and Turkey currently hate Israel and it is not hard to see Russia going after the spoils of war if the Israeli gas pipe to Europe harms their financial interests in this area. (See Ezekiel 38 - The Gog and Magog War)
- Who does Ezekiel 38 say will protest this war? - Sheba and Dedan (Ezek 38:13) which is Saudi Arabia. A few years ago this would have been unheard of. Today it is a reality. Things are changing and increasingly aligning with this prophecy. There are greatly improved relations between Israel and the Saudis and at the time of writing it has been said that the Saudi's will sign the Abraham Accords to formerly have peace and trade with Israel. They are currently waiting for the result of the US election.
May God Bless.
Related Series Posts
- Is Daniel 2 talking about a 'spiritual kingdom'?
- When period does the 'day of the Lord' refer to?
- Will there be a future Jewish temple?
- Is The 'Futurist' Interpretation Of Prophecy Found In The Writings Of The Church Fathers?
- Is the New Jerusalem or the church the bride of Christ?
- Is the time of Jacobs trouble past with the Holocaust or future?
- Is Jerusalem the Babylon that will be destroyed forever?
- Do you think that the Antichrist will be Muslim?
- Is Psalm 23 a Messianic Psalm?
- Does the Antichrist site in a literal temple?
- Will all believers rule and reign with Christ?
- Will people die during Jesus' Messianic Millennial Kingdom?
- Is Jesus' return imminent? Is the gospel preached to all nations first?
- Who are the two witnesses of Revelation 11 - when do they minister?
- Is the parable of 10 virgins about Israel and how many are saved?
- Are we truly living in the last days? How close are we?