Readers Question / Comment - Repentance and confession for a Christian - one time or many?
Acts 11:18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."
Ongoing repentance as a Christian:
2 Corinthians 7:9-10 I now rejoice, not that you were made sorrowful, but that you were made sorrowful to the point of repentance; for you were made sorrowful according to the will of God, so that you might not suffer loss in anything through us. (10) For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.
Revelation 2:4-5 'But I have this against you, that you have left your first love. (5) 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place--unless you repent.
Revelation 3:3 'So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you.
I would certainly agree that we don't 'confess our sins' before becoming a born again Christian and that any of this without a personal faith in the person and work of the Lord Jesus is pointless.
Hope this helps. All the best,
Related Series Posts
- Does the Christian play an active or passive role in displaying Christ's character?
- Are all believers disciples?
- What is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?
- Does each member of the bride have to make herself ready through righteous acts?
- Is the Christian life easy or hard? Or... Does being a Christian make life easier or harder?
- Why should our gospel be Christocentric?
- When were the disciples born again?
- Why can't I receive the Holy Spirit?
- Has the sinful nature been totally eradicated within the believer? Or do we have one nature or two?
- Will believers give an account for every careless word spoken?
- Where is the sinful nature and what is the soul/heart?
- Confusion over forgiveness
- Can I be forgiven of things that couldn't be forgiven under the Old Testament law?
- Is it God's will that we are always healed from any sickness?
- Is tithing commanded for the churches today?
- Should we be keeping the feasts of the Lord now?
- Is it ever ok to lie?
- What did Paul mean by saying he carried the marks of Jesus in his body?
- Was Paul being 'legal' in Acts 16 and 21?
- Was it a sin for David to have multiple wives?
- Should we pray once in faith and believe we have it or pray repeatedly?
- Does God want to financially prosper all Christians?
- Was the Red Sea 'baptism' full immersion?
- Repentance and confession for a Christian - one time or many?
- Can a Christian commit a sin that leads to death?
- How can I undo the sin unto death!
- Spiritual Gifts And John 20:22
- Has water baptism ceased? Did Spirit baptism replace water baptism?
- Are believers now 'Israel' and commanded to keep the feasts?
- Who do we pray to? Jesus or the Father?
- Why Did God Give The Law?
- Why Should We Try To Be Good?
- Will God make a way for me?
- Will God save my family?
- What does it mean to worship in spirit and truth?
- I'm fearful of being cast out at the Judgment!